Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cause and Effect With Cupcakes


To review cause and effect, my kiddos and I read the crowd pleaser "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake" by Laura Numeroff. Really any of the "If you..." books by Numeroff would work splendidly for this activity, but I love cupcakes so this one won out! 

To go along with the story and to help students practice, I created a mini (and I mean mini - 2 activities) unit for my kiddos. I think my favorite part of the activity was having them draw their own cause and effects. That really helped me see whether they understood the concept. My favorite response:
Cause "When I run fast"
Effect "It makes me go crazy." 

From this particular student, I would definitely agree that happens! If you want to take a look at our free unit click here

~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment