Sunday, January 8, 2012

Snowglobe Art

Katie saw this adorable art and writing activity on First Grade Blue Skies. It was so adorable we knew we both needed this up on our bulletin boards and pronto!

Katie read Stranger in the Woods with her kiddos to get them thinking about winter sensory words.

(book image via amazon.com)

I read Snow to my friends and we brainstormed different things we would hear, see, smell, and feel.

(book image via amazon.com)

As prompted from her literature selection, Katie's class drew adorable drawings of woodland creatures and trees.



I had my class draw themselves in the snowglobe, paying close attention to details about themselves (hair, eyes, what their snow clothes look like, etc.)





I didn't have time to run to the craft store for glitter spray, but I did have a moment of brilliance as I was headed out the door to work the day we were making these. The Halloween Bin! I rifled through fairy wings, witch stockings, and feather boas and came out with glitter hairspray. It totally did the trick. Next year I will totally be stocking up on glitter hairspray for winter art projects!

I just love it when Katie and I plan something together, but they still turn out differently. That's what makes teaching fun...taking a great idea and putting your own spin on it.

~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment